A CD of instrumental arrangements of sacred music
for folk instruments
including guitar, 6 string banjo, penny whistle, and
harmonica. Here's the list of songs:
1. Jesus Christ is risen today
Guitar (Easter Hymn 1708
1:50) 2. Immortal invisible
Guitar (St. Denio, Welsh melody 1:50)
3. I will arise and go to Jesus
Guitar (American folk hymn
4. I’m so glad Jesus lifted me
Guitar (Afr. Am. spiritual.
5. What a friend we have in Jesus
Guitar, banjo, pennywhistle.
(Erie, Charles Converse, 1868 2:25): 6. Jesus calls us o’er the tumult
Guitar:(Galilee, Wm. Jude, 1874 2:05) 7. In Christ there is no East or West
Guitar:(McKee, Afr-Am. spiritual 3:12) Alternate showing guitar fingering 8. I know that my redeemer lives
Guitar, harmonica, banjo,pennywhistle.
(Duke Street, John Hatton 1:40)
9. Guide me oh thou Great Jehovah
Guitar, banjo, pennywhistle
(Cwm Rhondda, John Hughes, 1907) 1:40.
10. Let all mortal flesh keep silence Guitar,
(Picardy, French Carol):3:18
11. Come thou fount of every blessing Guitar
(Nettleton, Wyeth’s repository,
12. A grapevine twines around a twisted tree
13. As we enter in. (Sondahl, 1990) Guitar
14. Come thou almighty king (Italian Hymn --de
15. Praise to the Lord the Almighty (Lobe den
1:48 16. Pachelbel’s Canon variations. Guitar.3:23 Here's what reviewer Mitch Finley said about it in the
Sept. 2004 INBA newsletter:
"Brad has the perfect touch for this kind of music, light
but sure, so you get tunes joyful and encouraging... This is a wonderful,
wonderful recording. Not to be missed."
Unfortunately, it's also not to be found, except as individual tracks on Youtube...